The WEDA 32nd/TAMU 43rd Annual Conference was a huge success! Thank you to all those who attended.
At this year’s event Bob Wetta, WEDA President/DSC Dredge LLC, presented on the topic Why Dredging is Good? and raised the question to the audience. Below are just some of the reasons members of the audience had for supporting dredging.
- Supports habitats – How? Click here to read just one example
- Makes importing & exporting possible
- Allows for tourism
- Reduces probability of flood
- Makes international shipping more efficient
- Provides coastal protection
- Employs many and creates numerous job and educational opportunities
- Supports a global market & economy
- Maintains reef farms
- Makes transportation more efficient
- Makes aggregate mining possible
- Aids in fish farming, which produces food
- Creates new land
- Reduces potential for spills
Of courses these are just a FEW reasons of why dredging is good. There are numerous other reasons and we invite you to provide your own reason. Please use the blog to create your own post or simply respond to this post with your reasons.
We look forward to seeing you next spring in Hawaii! Stay informed of upcoming WEDA Events at www.westerndredging.org.